I woke up from a dead sleep in extreme pain in my lower abdomen, i had just gotten my period but i've never felt such pain before. What could it be?

Dr. Andrea Moore

In brief: May be cyst

Depending on when you had your last cycle, you may be experiencing a ruptured ovarian cyst.
If the pain does not subside, you should be seen by a doctor. You will want to rule out all potential causes for abdominal pain such as appendicitis, ibs, ulcers, to name a few.

In brief: May be cyst

Dr. Andrea Moore
Dr. Andrea Moore
Dr. Antonio Gargiulo

In brief: Motrin?

You may have exceeded the number if hours that you can stay without Motrin coverage during the first days of your period.
It is ok to take 600 mg every 6 hours as needed for the first 1-2 days of your period. This is common.

In brief: Motrin?

Dr. Antonio Gargiulo
Dr. Antonio Gargiulo
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham