Being threated for genital warts (anus) with aldara (imiquimod). I have muscle pains, and flu like symptoms, but no fever. Can this creme (aldara (imiquimod)) harm me?

Dr. HECTOR Franco
Dermatology

In brief: Not usually

Even when used properly Aldara (imiquimod) can cause mild problems like inflammation in the treated site.
Like any medication, Imiquimod when not used correctly or in sensitive individuals can cause more significant side effects like tenderness, scabbing or as in your case, flu like symptoms. Contact the prescribing physician to determine if it is safe to continue your treatment.

In brief: Not usually

Dr. HECTOR Franco
Dr. HECTOR Franco

In brief: Unlikely ( NO )

Imiquimod ( Aldara (imiquimod) ) is a immune response modifier , could be used for genital warts, ( other uses for actinic keratosis , superficial basal cell cancers ) may be you are reacting to the medication , speak to your doctor.

In brief: Unlikely ( NO )

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Adam Levy