I've got warts on my feet. Should I see a dermatologist, or foot doctor and what causes them?

In brief: Check who can rx

Your typical plantar wart is caused by the same virus that causes warts on the rest of the the body.
By the time it is symptomatic, few people want to wait to get them off.Today many gp/fp/im/peds pcp's have access to a cryopen system that uses compressed nitrous oxide to remove warts.This system can be used on plantar warts.Your regular dr may have this system.Derm of food dr would be 2nd source.

In brief: Check who can rx

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatrists have a ton of experience with warts too.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Either

They are caused by virus and can spread on bottom of foot and to hands when you touch your feet.
Topical wet Aspirin and bandaid every night works well for slowly soften ot plantar warts.

In brief: Either

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried

In brief: Warts

Sal acid is very effective .
I also use co2 laser that is also effective. Cryopen can also be effective. There are many many treatments for warts because they are difficult to eliminate. The patient's antigen antibody system plays a role in elimination too. See your podiatrist for assistance.

In brief: Warts

Sal acid is very effective .
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood

In brief: Warts

I agree. And the wet Aspirin sounds like a great idea.
I have learned something today too. Thanks dr. W!

In brief: Warts

Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Donald Shenenberger