I am approximately 3 month post partum and had an unexpected c-section with my daughter. If i were to get pregnant in the next 3 months could i vbac?

Dr. Edward Jacobs

In brief: Don't !

It is now advisable to wait at least two years between pregnancies, c/section or not.
There is a slight increased risk of autism spectrum disorder in the newborn with pregnancies less than 2 years apart. Your body needs to heal as well. Your uterine scar definitely needs to heal more than 6 months. You would be taking a chance with a life-threatening uterine scar rupture in labor.

In brief: Don't !

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: NOT ADVISEABLE

To get pregnant sooner that 9-12months after a c- at the earliest as the scar is still healing microscopically and there is increased chance of rupture of the scar and will have to ask your OB if he or he even dos vbacs which very few obs in my location do for a variety of reasons and it depends u had the csection and what the efw of your next baby will be.

In brief: NOT ADVISEABLE

Dr. Mirela Cernaianu

In brief: VBAC

Getting pregnant so soon after a c/section is not a good idea.
The scar on the uterus needs time to heal and be strong enough to have any chance of a successful vbac. You do run the risk of uterine rupture during pregnancy, even before labor, if you develop a weak scar, so a usual period of 12 months of contraception is recommended and ideal.

In brief: VBAC

Dr. Cindy Juster