What is plantar fasciitis and how do I know if I have it?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Pain

It is inflammation & dysfunction of the soft tissue on the bottom of your foot.
This tissue makes up the tissue support for the arch of the foot. The diagnosis is a made clinically, ie no imaging is usually necessary, that can be made by a qualified medical provider. It typically causes sharp, tearing pain at the bottom of your foot that classically is the worst when you 1st get out of bed.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Plantar heel pain

Plantar fasciitis is pain under heel, usually worst in the morning and after getting up on feet after resting.

In brief: Plantar heel pain

Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi