Can I exercise with plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Plantar fasciitis
Get evaluated by an md, short answer is yes, but need appropriate shoes , inserts and timing, avoid impact exercises when the condition is acute, do a lot of stretching before and after and use night splints to stretch at night.

In brief: Plantar fasciitis
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Dr. G Jason Hunt
Orthopedic Surgery
There is no evidence that would suggest you should not exercise with plantar fasciitis.
In fact with proper stretching regimen prior to exercise, your symptoms of heel pain may improve.

Dr. G Jason Hunt
Dr. G Jason Hunt
Dr. James Amis
Absolutely dead on correct. Only thing I could add is that with calf stretching the pain will go away.
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care