My doctor precribed prednisone for one week for plantar fasciitis I am scared of side effects. What are they?

Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry

In brief: Prednisone

Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the facial band on the bottom of your foot.
... Prednisone is a steroidal anti- inflammatory.. It is used to bring down the inflammation of the fascia and decrease your pain.

In brief: Prednisone

Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Michael Wynn
side effects of prednisone are very small, when only taken for a few days....a little water gain, nausea....to mention a few.
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Few

Steroids can have very scary side effects associated with them. The key to remember though is that steroids will have more side effects when they are used for long periods of time and if the dosages are high.
A weeks worth of steroids should be safe. Watch for stomach upset and if your a diabetic sugars can go up. Again, short term use is usually the safest way to use prednisone.

In brief: Few

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care