Will sleeping in good shoes or boots help plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Oliver Wang
Podiatry

In brief: No

Shoes will not help, however night splints which help keep the plantar fascia stretched out may help keep the tissue loose and prevent first step in the morning pain.

In brief: No

Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
the key is really regular stretching of the plantar fascia and good supportive shoes
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Sort of

Wearing any type of shoe or brace to stretch the plantar fascia will help this type of problem. I believe that stretching is probably the most important factor in treatment of plantar fasciitis.

In brief: Sort of

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider

In brief: Fasciitis

Shoes do not help.
Orthotics that control the excess stretching and torque on the fascia is the key . See your podiatrist for an exam and treatment.

In brief: Fasciitis

Shoes do not help.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care