What should I do when antifreeze doesn't work on my plantar warts?

Dr. Paul Harper
Surgery
In brief: Antifreeze?
What are you doing fooling around with antifreeze.
That stuff is poison. Stay away from it. The skin can absorb it and it is a poison. Leave ot alone.

In brief: Antifreeze?
Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Paul Harper
3 comments
Dr. Scott Grover
I agree. Too much exposure and you wont have to worry about plantar warts or anything else
Dr. Maureen Mays
Use Duct Tape!! Wash, scrub, dry fully, then apply duct tape. Leave it on until it starts to fall off, then remove, wash, scrub, dry and re-apply duct tape. It may take 6+ months, but it WILL work. Don't go an hour w/o duct tape.
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry
In brief: Don't use antifreeze
You can try over the counter wart removers from the drug store, but be careful: i've seen them do more harm than good.
Other options your doctor might offer include cryotherapy (freezing the wart), electrocautery (burning the wart), laser treatment, or several different topical chemical treatments. If the treatment is typically uncomfortable, your doctor can numb the area before proceeding.

In brief: Don't use antifreeze
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dermatology
In brief: Warts
See a dermatologist or podiatrist or try over the counter salicylic acid product.

In brief: Warts
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dr. Robert Peppercorn