My ingrown toenail infection now has black around the pus pocket. What should I do?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: Toenail
For goodness sake, go see a clinician that can remove the nail and initiate antibiotics and give you some relief.

In brief: Toenail
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Kristin Cox
Seek help immediately, this could get worse if you don't.
Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery
In brief: Make appointment
Ingrown toenails and other minor toe wounds and infections are a leading cause of limb amputations.
Sounds crazy and dramatic, but the underlying vascular disease is the reason. In order to heal any wound you need extra blood flow. If you have vascular disease, you won't get that extra flow and your wound won't heal. Go see your doctor, ask for an artery ultrasound and referral to vascular.

In brief: Make appointment
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery