How can I tell if I have multi infarct dementia? I have symptoms of memory loss?

Dr. Byron Law-Yone

In brief: See Neurologist

Studies like MRI of the head, neuro-psychological tests.
May help..The important thing is an evaluation by a neurologist or a psyvhiatrist.

In brief: See Neurologist

Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: MRI / neuropsych

Having excluded other causes (B12 deficiency for example) and having documented a step-wise decline in multiple cognitive domains over time on neuropsychological examination.
The presence of one of the patterns of vascular disease associated with multi-infarct dementia would constitute a start. You then have a few more conditions to exclude like fronto-temporal dementia and Alzheimer's..

In brief: MRI / neuropsych

Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman