Severe foot pain in my left foot on the left side of my foot. What do I do?

Plantar fasciitis. Most common pain will be due to plantarfascia inflammation. I don't know if by left side you mean in the arch or outside of the arch. If the pain is due to a sprain ie stepping off a curb, you may have pain in the cuboid bone which may be subluxed or out of position. The pain may require manipulation to reduce the position of the cubiod bone back and supportive inserts to prevent relapse.
See a doctor. There are many causes of foot pain, but without more history, it is difficult to even suggest what could be causing your pain. If it has been present for more than a few days, or if you had an injury, i would definitely suggest seeing a physician. If you didn't have an injury, and the pain has been present for less than 48 hours, you could wait a day or two to see if it will go away.