How does cfs relate to the epstein-barr virus?

Dr. Michael Ein
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No relation

Ebv mononucleosis can cause a prolonged period of fatigue in some patients.
Chronic fatigue syndrome has been thoroughly studied and although the cause of most cases is not known it has been proven that ebv infection does not play a role in this syndrome.

In brief: No relation

Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Indu Lal

In brief: Effect on Immune sys

Evb does effect the immune system, and if let it continue by not eating porperly, and exercise may become chronic.
To best of my knowledge there is bio chemical markers in body that are changed because of ebv causing cfs. I will like to hear from experts on this question.

In brief: Effect on Immune sys

Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal