Can you wear high heels with a fractured tibia?

No. Bone needs to be positioned and splinted to heal. There are no heels on a cast.
Typically not. If you have a fracture that goes entirely through the bone, you will need to immobilize the fracture and would not be able to wear high heels. If you have a stress fracture, possibly.

Related Questions

What kind of exercises can I do to keep my leg strong with a fractured tibia?

Heal bone first. Tibias heal poorly and can go on to monunion they usually should be nailed enknee motion to follow sometimes weight bering depending on frx pattern and fixation heal first them strengthen straight leg raises are a classic keeps quad strong.

I would like to get a second opinion for my daughter she is 47yrs, handicapped, she has a fractured tibia (right leg), the fracture occurred 6/29/2011, it would apprear she is not healing well, she has limited mobility, and is treated for various neuro a

Her. Her fracture is more than 6 months old at this time. That is called a non union. You mention that she is handicap in general terms so it is difficult to see the impact of the fracture in her quality of life. If she has pain, and is having difficulty with mobility whatever it may be or difficulty with basic care the fracture should be addressed. Non invasive management would include functional bracing with a bone stimulator. Other options are surgical. Thomas jefferson should have some fine orthopedist to help your daughter. Hope all goes well with your daughter.
Tibia. Tibia fractures can take a long time to heal, and there are a lot of factors that can affect healing. It sounds as if she has a lot of medical problems, and this would effect both her healing and her treatment. Truthfully, it is difficult to comment on her care without seeing her records and her x-rays. However, if she is being treated a thomas jefferson in philadelphia, I am sure that she is getting the proper care as they have an excellent orthopaedic department. The best thing that you can do is to discuss her care with her orthopaedic surgeon at her next visit. If you are not satisfied, then I would recommend getting a second opinion from another orthopaedist.