I think I broke my foot, but I can walk on it. Do I need an x-ray?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: See a doctor

If you've injured yourself enough I have concern for a fracture, it is worth seeing a foot and ankle doctor for an examination and likely radiographs.
You will be then be given treatment recommendations based on those findings. If nothing else you can put our mind at ease with some answers.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. David Laha
Better to check it out and be nothing, than ignore it and have a chronic problem develop. Dr. L
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Yes/Probably

Any injury to the foot/ankle that causes pain and/or swelling that persists should be professionally evaluated.
If it gets better daily and is painfree in a few days, then usually it will be fine. Any concerns should always be professionally evaluated. Dr. L.

In brief: Yes/Probably

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine