Can I tell from my feet if i'm suffering from diabetes?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Sometimes

Some of the advanced changes that we see in diabetic with neuropathic changes are: loss of protective sensation to the feet (neuropathy) wounds that are slow to heal excessive dryness excessive callus formation wasting of the small muscles in the feet resulting in deformities if you think you might be diabetic, stop in with your primary care provider for a few simple diagnostic tests first.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Giuseppe Barbesino
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: No

Diabetes is diagnosed with a blood test, either a blood glucose or a hemoglobin A1c level.
While people with diabetes may have many symptoms in their feet, having them do not allow a diagnosis of diabetes with sufficient confidence.

In brief: No

Dr. Giuseppe Barbesino
Dr. Giuseppe Barbesino
Dr. Arnon Rubin