My left axillary lymph nodes are enlarged .I have no cancer and HIV symptoms. What are the other reasons?

Dr. Kris Gast
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Enlarged lymphnodes

Lymph nodes are filters on the lymphatic channel.
They act like barriers to anything the body might wish to contain...Cancer, infection, and some autoimmune diseases. If you have an infection 'down stream' the nodes will catch the infection and protect your body from the organism. Definitely get them checked out...Your body is fighting something. Best to listen to it.

In brief: Enlarged lymphnodes

Dr. David Kornguth
Radiation Oncology

In brief: See you PCP

Enlarged ancillary nodes can be related to an infection, other benign reasons as well as cancer.
It is something you absolutely need to have checked by a physician. Some cancers do not cause symptoms other than lymph node enlargement.

In brief: See you PCP

Dr. Keegan Duchicela