I had some foot pain yesterday so I went to the accupuncturist. Now I have a fever of 38.6 should I see a dr.?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Foot pain?
Use accupunctur for foot pain okay , but you have elevated temprture know, the use accupunctur could cause infection or could be something else .
Check it out please. Thanks.

In brief: Foot pain?
Check it out please. Thanks.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: May not be related.
It would be unlikely for you to develope an infection that quickly from the accupuncure.

In brief: May not be related.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Coincidental??
There is a possibility you had an infection in your foot as the cause of your foot pain.
The only infection that can occur 24 hours after an injury or injection is strep. Regardless you should see a doctor and get evaluatedfootfoot.

In brief: Coincidental??
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Dr. Steven Sheskier
In brief: For fever - yes
If you have a febrile illness - please see your physician.
In the United States the standard of care for acupuncture requires use of sterile, single -use disposable needles. The infection rate due to acupuncture is extremely low because the diameter of the needles is so small. Additionally it is a solid needle - not like a large needle used for shots or blood draws that can drag in bacteria & >>.

In brief: For fever - yes
skin into the penetrated tissue. It is now used routinely in the battlefield in the military. If there is crap on your skin you just brush it off. Yes, I am serious. It is not a sterile procedure. If there were significant infection rates - it would have become apparent over the last 5,000 years it has been used. Take care
Dr. Oliver Wang
Podiatry
You need antibiotics because you most likely have an infection due to the needles.
Go to urgent care, emergency room or your primary doctor for antibiotics as soon as you can.

Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Oliver Wang
The standard in the US is single use disposable sterile needles. Infection rate is very low with acupuncture because of tiny diameter of needle and because it is solid bore.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil