I have both osteoarthritis, gout. What can help my mobility?

Dr. Angus Worthing
In brief: Exercise
Moving joints helps blood flow there and reduce pain.
Exercise and weight loss help slow damage and reduce pain in oa of weight bearing joints and prevents gout by reducing uric acid.

In brief: Exercise
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Treat both
It depend on how much each is contributing to your limited mobility.
It is also important to locate where this limitation is. Is in the feet, the ankles, the knees, the hips or other. The good news is that we have ways to help both. You will need to be evaluated to identify where these impairments are and how much each diagnosis is contributing to your limited mobility.

In brief: Treat both
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Arnon Rubin