I've got an ingrown toenail and a couple weeks of go I cut off the piece of toenail out, but still have pain. Are they gonna get rid of the extra skin on the sides?

In brief: Please see your MD
Lot of things could be done 'by do it yourself' but not on human body, .
Especially your own. You may be in-traducing potentially dangerous infections into you even lethal tetanus infection, please go and see you doctor or dpm.

In brief: Please see your MD
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Yes... possible.
After having a chronic ingrown nail some may develop inflammation at the nail border and possible overgrowth of the skin which may need to be removed.

In brief: Yes... possible.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
Dermatology
In brief: Injury
The sharp end of nail probably injures the skin of toe, resuled in infection or inflammation.
Using cool compresses to calm it down. If no significant sign of infection, the inflammation/pain would subsided in time.

In brief: Injury
Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery