I think I got frostbite. Is my toe going to get cut off?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Watch and wait
It is very difficult to estimate the amount of tissue that will necrose (die) as a result of frostbite.
Conservative treatment with gentle rewarming and observation is typically recommended. Removal of dead tissue is performed only when it has fully demarcated.

In brief: Watch and wait
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Previously
Answer.

In brief: Previously
Answer.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Steven Harris
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Avoid infection!
Obviously, follow your doctor's advice as he or she can see the wound, but silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream can help prevent infection and decrease the amount of tissue lost.
I hope things go well for you.

In brief: Avoid infection!
I hope things go well for you.
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Hopefully not
Get seen asap. Gentle rewarming is the best treatment after you can be sure no further cold damage will occur. Any surgery is done only when the depth of the injury can be fully judged (i.
e. Not right after rewarming).

In brief: Hopefully not
e. Not right after rewarming).
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine