I cut my foot open on a lid this afternoon. What's the best first aid?

Dr. Arthur Christiano
Sports Medicine
In brief: Go to ER or PCP
You need to seek medical advice-er, pcp, etc.
The most important thing is when was your last tetanus shot and are you up to date. Second, is preventing bacterial infection. The laceration needs to be thoroughly cleaned with saline and depending on size/depth of lac. Possibly sutured. Best to have it evaluated by a doctor or nurse.

In brief: Go to ER or PCP
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Dr. Arthur Christiano
In brief: Several things
Wash the foot with warm soapy water and apply an antiseptic and bandage to keep the cut edges together. If the lid is dirty you need to make sure your tetanus shots are up to date.
If deep it needs to be examined and possible stitches put in.

In brief: Several things
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine