How do I tell if I have TMJ syndrome?

Other symptoms. Add to the list ear symptoms like ringing, stuffiness or pain, vertigo. Also, neck pain, pain at the corner of the jaw as well as clicking and popping of the joints.
Lots of ways! Tmj syndrome is manifested by pain in the jaw, either the jaw muscles or the jaw joint, as well as jaw dysfunction, such as not being able to open your mouth all the way. Many patients also have headaches. It may be caused by a displaced disc in the jaw joint, or perhaps a bad bite, or grinding the teeth at night. If you have any one or more of these symptoms, you may have TMJ syndrome!
See OFP specialist. Orofacial Pain provides diagnosis and management of pain in the face, TMJ disorders, locking jaw as well as, associated headaches and neck pain. They are the experts in this field. Good luck.
TMJ Symptoms are: Jaw pain, especially at area of the joint; popping/clicking of jaw; ear pain, or sounds of cracking in the ears: ringing/popping sounds in the ears (tinnitus) or a sense of fullness in the ears: headaches; blurred vision: tight, stiff, or sore jaw or neck muscles: facial pain, cheek pain, or chin numbness or tingling: shoulder pain; locking or dislocation of the jaw (usually after widely yawning.
Symptoms can fool ya. When I explain tmj/tmd to my patients, I tell them that everyone has TMJ (unless some type of mutation, cancer or accident.) TMJ is the anatomy of the jaw joints- (t) temporal bone on upper maxilla; (m) mandible- lower jaw; (j) joints- where the two meet in a complex of tendons, ligaments, etc. Tmd are the symptoms exhibited by someone who has a problem with the TMJ complex.