I have dental gum disease, what's my first step to get rid of it?

Good oral hygeine. Probably the best treatment for most gum disease is regular trips to the dentist for check-up, and good oral hygeine at home, like brushing regularly, and flossing. Poor oral health can lead to infections that can travel within the bloodstream.
Don't give up! If your good habits at home, i.e. Brushing and flossing, don't reduce the problem, you may have more serious periodontitis rather than just gingivitis. See your dentist soon.
Proper Diagosis. As is the case for any disease, formal diagnosis must come first. By taking the full measure of the problem, a rational, comprehensive, and informed course of therapy can be devised. Your general dentist may choose to treat your gum disease, or it may be deemed preferable to have it managed by a periodontist. See http://www. Perio. Org/consumer/1a.Html for contact information for one near you.
See a Dentist. Need to find a good dentist. They might refer you to a gum specialist (periodontist). They will educate on condition, options, procedures, prognosis, etc, etc, then it is up to you to follow through. Good luck. I hope it all works out well for you.
See your dentist. 1. See your dentist. 2. Have a deep cleaning done by your dentist (aka, root plane/ scale) 3. Maintain good oral hygiene at home, including flossing 4. Optional use off additional things, such as: breathrx mouth rinse, sonicare toothbrush, waterpik) 5. Possible gum surgery.
Dental supervision. You should first have a thorough cleaning, x-rays and evaluation to determine the severity of the gum disease. Then you should listen to the advice to the dental hygienist and dentist on the steps necessary to proper home care maintenance. You may need more than two cleanings a year or some deep cleaning.
Diagnosis. Proper diagnosis. Mild gum disease can be treated many times with a thorough "deep cleaning" of the roots below the gum tissues. Otherwise consult a periodontist for comprehensive therapy. Good oral hygiene and regular cleanings are the key to long term success.