I think I have early periodontitis. What should I do?

See your dentist. Potential periodontal problems can often be diagnosed and treated before becoming problematic. If you are experiencing or think you have early periodontal problems, you need to schedule an appointment with your dentist for a thorough clinical and radiographic examination to determine if and what treatment(s) may be necessary to prevent or treat the problem(s).