Intractible sciatic pain degenerative disc disease surgery or no surgery?

Surgery if severe. Sciatica is caused by degenerative discs or joints impinging upon the nerves within the spine. If best medical management is not successful, consultation with a surgeon is recommended. Surgical decompression, allows the nerves to heal and for the severe leg pain of sciatica to be relieved. Each case must be carefully evaluated to make the best recommendation.
Lifestyle limited? I tell my pre-op patients with your problem that if they have failed conservative therapies and the symptoms are still limiting their daily routines/activities to consider surgery as the next/last option. Most are very happy with their outcomes.