How do I cure periodontal disease?

Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: See periodontist

See a periodontist and get a plan..............

In brief: See periodontist

Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. James Donley
You can not cure it your self. Treatment needs to be by a periodontist or general dentist who has take additional training. It is an infection that can be passed from person to person. It starts because of inadequate home care and having the bad bacteria passed to you from someone who has the disease. Go to www.centersfordentalmedicine.com for current information on how it can be treated and in many cases cured. Traditional treatment is usually aimed at controlling the disease and not curing it.
Dr. James Donley
Dentistry

In brief: Furhter formation

For up to date information check out centersfordentalmedicine.Com.

In brief: Furhter formation

Dr. James Donley
Dr. James Donley
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: Difficult

It takes effort and dedication.
Often patients require periodontal surgery, but the same problems that caused the need for surgery still exist and they develop relapse and then require additional surgery. I have successfully treated patients with perio protect (pp). It is a commitment in time, not expense (compared to surgery). Pp significantly reduces bacteria and allows for healing!

In brief: Difficult

It takes effort and dedication.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Duane Keller
Unfortunately a tooth brush only extends less than 1mm below the gum tissue and floss removes only 15% of plaque. You need something like the Perio Protect Method which can deliver medications to the infected region and help control (not cure) the cause of disease. If you don't control this, the bacteria will.
Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry

In brief: Treat the cause

Gum disease is an infection and the host (inflammation) response.
Dr. Gordon recommended the perio protect method. I think this would be a great way to start. You can find a dentist near you at www.Perioprotect.Com and get some help treating the cause of your disease.

In brief: Treat the cause

Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Periidontal desease is not curable but it is treatable. What I mean is it can be controled with proper treatment . The existing damage will not be reversed.

In brief: Maintain not cure

Periodontal disease is defined as bone loss of the ridge that supports teeth.
This process is very difficult to reverse, some studies with a laser seem to show promise and make claims to be able to do just that. It is, however, widely accepted that periodontal disease is an irreversible condition that can only be managed and that the lost bone does not grow back.

In brief: Maintain not cure

Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dentistry

In brief: No Cure

There is no cure for periodontal disease.
However, we can slow and even stop the progression. Perio disease is episodic by nature. Stress, lack of home care and prescribed frequency for professional cleanings plus other factors like smoking can cause further decline. Home care and 3-4 month intervals to disrupt the biofilm can help prevent further episodes. You are the one in control.

In brief: No Cure

Dr. Dell Goodrick
Dr. Dell Goodrick

In brief: Prevention is the

Prevention is the key after active disease has been eliminated.
While we can not cure periodontal disease a periodontist can eliminate active disease and create a maintainable level of health - maintainable by good oral hygiene and regular/routine professional cleanings.

In brief: Prevention is the

Dr. David Schneider
Dr. David Schneider
Dr. Marsha Davis