I heard about periochip for periodontal disease, what do you think about this product?

In brief: Helpful addition
Periochip can be helpful when used in conjunction with traditional treatments for periodontal disease like deep cleanings or periodontal surgery, and can reduce the amount of bacteria that cause periodontal disease.
Used alone it is unlikely to provide any benefits of significant result. The best person to see to find out if it will be helpful for you is your dentist or periodontist.

In brief: Helpful addition
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Ronald Achong
Great answer. I agree 100%
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry
In brief: Sometimes
It may work in very select cases, but once the chip dissolves and is gone, the causes of your periodontal problem reoccur. Periodontal disease is a bacterial infection.
Antibiotics do not work long term due to bacteria developing resistance. Bacteria replicate quickly & get back to pre-treatment levels. I use perioprotect=significantly reduces bacteria daily, & bacteria cannot become resistant.

In brief: Sometimes
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. John Kong
Dentistry
In brief: It's okay
Periochip is chlorhexine made into chip form which you place inside a periodontal pocket.
That said, i don't know of too many dentists/periodontists who use this b/c there are other products which are as effective and easier to use.

In brief: It's okay
Dr. John Kong
Dr. John Kong
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Has a role
Periochip (chlorhexidine) is an excellent adjunct in helping to treat some periodontal problems.

In brief: Has a role
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon