I am asking a question about an oral surgury I had. My tooth was extracted. When should my mouth stop hurting?

Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

It depends on how difficult the extraction was.
Normally about 1 or 2 days if it was an easy extraction but can take up to a week if it was a more difficult extraction. Use the meds your doctor gave you to controll the pain.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dr. Mazin Kizy
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: It can last ...

Discomfort after a tooth extraction can last for some time, depending on the severity of the situation & the difficulty of the extraction.
Aleve, (naproxen) advil, Motrin or for more holistic patients arnica can help reduce swelling & pain. Your doctor can prescription narcotics, to help with symptoms if necessary. Call your dentist for help with pain, a dry socket is possible. Follow-up visit recommended.

In brief: It can last ...

Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. PRADIP SHAH
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: 2-3 DAYS

2-3 days.

In brief: 2-3 DAYS

2-3 days.
Dr. PRADIP SHAH
Dr. PRADIP SHAH

In brief: Depends

The type of extraction, infection and whether the extraction involved soft tissue or bone too, will help determine the length of time.
I would call my dentist and get their opinion directly.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. William Forsythe