Can you get oral cancer from giving oral sex?

Risk Factor. Oral hpv contraction, does not necessarily lead to oral cancer. The strain of hpv and other mitigating factors are important. However the association is strong and patients should always have annual oral cancer screenings performed, and also oral hpv screening with their dentist or oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
Not sex per se. Hpv infection is associated with oral cancer and one can acquire hpv infection through oral sex. Only a small proportion of people getting hpv infection develop oral cancer. Hpv is also associated with cancer of the cervix, therefore you should get regular pap examinations.
Oral cancer. If you contract a virus such as hpv, this can lead to future cancer.