How long does it take for stage1 colon cancer to develop into stage 4?

Tough question. The evolution from polyp to cancer usually takes more than ten years. From state i to stage four probably takes several years, also, but can vary depending on how rapidly the cancer grows and spreads.
Good question but. ..Impossible to answer with certainty. Different cancers will behave differently so the real focus should be to detect the cancer early or even before it becomes cancer (polyp) rather than hoping it does not progress. Folks, talk to your docs and get your colonoscopies on time!