I only chewed tobacco 10 times in my whole entire life. Could I still get mouth cancer?

Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
There are other causes.

There are other causes.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Pathology
In brief: Not likely
Ten episodes of chewing tobacco are not likely to increase your risk of mouth cancer over your background risk.
There are other causes of mouth cancer; alcohol, and hpv infection being two prominent ones.

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Rare
Tobacco in any of its forms is the usual antecedent to mouth cancer.
The exposure you have had is trivial and will not increase your risk. You still could get it as there are a few who have that happen despite no tobacco in their lives.

In brief: Rare
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
Anyone can get mouth cancer, though it is often associated with tobacco exposure.

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Vicken Poochikian