Should you have a general anaesthetic to have bottom impacted wisdom tooth out?

Dr. Mandakini Patel

In brief: Wisdom tth extract

Not necessarily, your dentist is the best one to answer this as it depends on your situation.

In brief: Wisdom tth extract

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. James Beck
Dentistry

In brief: No

General anesthesia for wisdom tooth extraction is a little excessive.
Depending on the condition of the wisdom tooth, it may be able to be extracted using just local anesthetic. I extract wisdom teeth all the time using just local. If the tooth is partially or completely impacted, the dentist will probably recommend IV sedation. It would have to be a pretty extreme case to need general anesthesia.

In brief: No

Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Vicken Poochikian