What can I do to stop my gums from bleeding so much from gingivitis?

See a dentist. Bleeding gums can be a sign that you are at risk for, or already have, advanced gum disease. Untreated gingivitis can lead to the tooth loss and other health problems. See your dentist ASAP because the sooner you treat it the better the outcome.
Have your. Teeth cleaning at dentist office every six months, brush twice a day with triclosan containing toothpaste, floss once per day.
Soft toothbrush. The best way is probably to use a soft toothbrush, because it does not damage and inflame the gums. The best person for this answer would probably be the dentist.
Consult your dentist. First, see your dentist. It may be as simple as a hygiene appointment and enhanced home care. The dentist may find that you need scaling and root planing or an appointment with a periodontist. Don't wait and schedule an appointment soon. It is very difficult to ascertain without a clinical examination and radiographs.
Gingivitis. First, see a dentist for an exam and teeth cleaning. Second, your oral hygiene needs to be excellent with regular brushing and flossing. Gingivitis is a bacterial infection tht cn be controlled with good home care and regular dental visits.
Don't give up! If your good habits at home, i.e. Brushing and flossing, don't reduce the problem, you may have more serious periodontitis rather than just gingivitis. See your dentist soon.