How old should you be to get dentures?

Dr. Jeff Kimble
Dentistry

In brief: No rule

The need for dentures is related to the condition of the teeth, not the age of the patient.

In brief: No rule

Dr. Jeff Kimble
Dr. Jeff Kimble

In brief: Loose relationship

While it is the condition of the teeth that determines the need for dentures, I have told many retired patients they need dentures and I have yet to see a 6 year old that needs one.
As we age we put greater "milage" on our teeth and so the teeth show more signs of wear and tear. Modern dentistry has made it possible for a patients to keep all of their natural teeth longer, avoiding dentures.

In brief: Loose relationship

Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Stephen Camacho

In brief: Dentures

There are a variety of dental appliances that fit the mouth in various ways.
If your mouth and jaw are not done growing, the dentures you get will have to get resized more often.

In brief: Dentures

Dr. Stephen Camacho
Dr. Stephen Camacho
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Hopefully never

Ideally no one should ever need\have to get dentures.
They are the worst restorative option to replace missing teeth. With proper oral hygiene, good diet and routine dental visits, you can preserve your own natural teeth forever. If you have missing teeth, they can be replaced with implant supported teeth. If it's already too late for you or money is the problem, then you have no other choice.

In brief: Hopefully never

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Keegan Duchicela