How can I help my baby after he's had bronchiolitis?

Flu shot. Children who suffer from bronchiolitis are at increased risk of asthma. As such annual flu vaccines (starting at 6 months of years) are critical.
Not much. About 2/3 of infants experience recurrent wheezing after their first episode of bronchiolitis. Viral upper respiratory infections, e.g., common cold, are the most common trigger. Exposure to tobacco smoke is another well known one. Taking precautionary measures to reduce the infant's exposure to individuals with respiratory infection and to tobacco smoke would be prudent.
Bronchiolitis. Bronchiolitis is caused by a virus, most often rsv, or respiratory syncitial virus. The viral infection results in inflammation, or swelling, of the lower small airways. The swelling of the tiny airways results in rapid breathing, cough and wheezing. Symptomatic treatment includes clearing the nostrils of mucus, maintaining hydration, and making sure the child has enough oxygen.
Time/ lung growth. Most children recover fully from an episode of bronchiolitis, an infection involving mucus plugs and inflammation of the smallest airways. Some children who are at higher risk actually have a genetic predisposition to asthma and/or comparatively worse lung function at birth.
Avoid getting colds. A baby who has had bronchiolitis will have very sensitive lungs for at least one to two years. That means the baby may easily start wheezing. Wheezing tends to occur with each cold the baby catches, so parents should try to protect the baby from anybody with cold or flu symptoms in their family. Of course, cigarette smoke, fireplace/bbq smoke, and other irritants can cause wheezing too.