I have excruciating pain in my right hand. It's swollen, I can't straighten my fingers and the pain shoots up my arm. It only started last night.?

Dr. Walker Wynkoop
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Seek Medical Attenti

This sounds like an infection which is very serious.
Waiting to treat this can ruin your finger's tendons and you will not have a free moving hand ever again! if there is terrible pain with any finger motion you must have you hand flexor tendon sheath checked for pus usinf a needle or scalpel. If your e r doctor does not offer this, ask to see the orthopedic surgeon on call. This is serious.

In brief: Seek Medical Attenti

Dr. Walker Wynkoop
Dr. Walker Wynkoop
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Be seen

You need to be seen immediately.
If you cannot move your fingers, it could be something serious like compartment syndrome.

In brief: Be seen

You need to be seen immediately.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Vikram Patel