Are there any health benefits to smoking cigarettes or pipe tobacco?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Nope, none

No known health benefits to using tobacco in any form.

In brief: Nope, none

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
2 comments
I find it ironic that Native Americans used the pipe in ceremonies where only limited smoking was expected. Leave it to us to convert a cerimonial event into a daily act of self distruction.
Dr. Mohammad Homsi
Actually smoking is harmful to the health, mu advice to you stay away from smoking to live long.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: None

There is no medical benefit to smoking as the risks of harm are too great.

In brief: None

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Nope

There are simply no good effects to your body from smoking! It ravages your bones, your lungs, your skin, and makes every cell in your body more likely to become cancerous! Sorry, there is just no way to sugar coat this! I do like that you are on Healthtap ASKING the question however, which says to me you are taking an active role in your health.
This is the first step!

In brief: Nope

This is the first step!
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge