My oral surgeon said that i had a scar tissue after my oral surgery to get 2 abscessed teeth extracted. Could this be a possibility and could it stop my mouth from opening?

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Maybe / unrelated

It is certainly possible that you may have scar tissue which remained following the removal of some abscessed teeth.
However, it is not likely the reason you are having trouble 'opening' your mouth. The likely reason is that during the procedure you had to open wide and you probably just strained your ligaments. Using warm compresses and slowly massaging the joints should help. Good luck.

In brief: Maybe / unrelated

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Kevin Owoc

In brief: When

When was your oral surgery and which teeth were removed?

In brief: When

Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dr. Talib Najjar
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No

Persistant submandibular infection may be the cause.

In brief: No

Dr. Talib Najjar
Dr. Talib Najjar
Dr. Irving Lebovics
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Maybe

It depends where the scar tissue is.
Most likely the reason you have difficulty opening is from a neuromuscular spasm from being open for a long time during the procedureor from some other TMJ problem. Have the dentist check it out.

In brief: Maybe

It depends where the scar tissue is.
Dr. Irving Lebovics
Dr. Irving Lebovics
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine