I have l4&5 herniated discs, I have a new sysmtom, my hands and feet r numb and tingling. What does that mean is it getting worse.?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

No the nerves that supply the hands have left the spine well above the low back.
So low back problems can not directly cause symptoms in the hands. The three most common causes are a pinched nerve in the neck, pinched nerves in the arms (carpal tunnel syndrome being one example), or a neurological condition such as a neuropathy. Let your doctor know as soon as possible.

In brief: No

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Probably unrelated

If you have symptoms in the upper extremities, they are not related to l4-5 disk problems.

In brief: Probably unrelated

Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao