How can I lose weight if I have hashimotos disease?

Dr. David Geffner
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: There is no magic
If you are on an appropriate dose then you have the same problem all of us have.
Increasing the thyroid dose to above normal will only result in muscle mass loss.

In brief: There is no magic
Dr. David Geffner
Dr. David Geffner
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Diet/exercise, and..
Make sure your thyroid condition is treated/regulated.
At first, hashimoto may cause excess thyroid hormone release and you actually may lose wt. Eventually it :"burns" out and you can become hypothyroid (not enough) which can easily be treated with medication. Once thyroid is properly regulated, healthy, balanced diet, along with aerobic/wt bearing exercise will help. Consult doc.. Good luck.

In brief: Diet/exercise, and..
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Andrea Brand