Can I use hair removal cream around my genital area, I'm a female. Is there a specific cream for that area?

No. The skin in the pubic area is too delicate. If you use the normal hair remover cream or wax, it may cause serious irritation and pain increasing the risk of skin infection. There are specialized products for that area. Better yet, have it waxed by at a salon/spa. They can do a better job, have the right products, and can take care of any irritation that may develop.
You can. A hair removing cream would be too irritating to use on the mucous membranes of the area, however, so use it carefully. Some creams are intended more for body and legs, others for face. Please check the labeling.