My 7 month old has a hacking cough and wheezing when she breathes. What can I do until I can get her a dr app?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: M.D. visit
It is important to also rule out pertussis or whooping cough.
This could be a secondary infection along with a viral infection. Albuterol can be given to relieve the bronchoconstriction or wheezing.

In brief: M.D. visit
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Cold in 7 month old
There is actually not a lot you can do specifically except for the basics: enourage fluid intake, tylenol (acetaminophen) for symptoms of discomfort.
Do not use over-the-counter cold medications for a child this age. The medicines that are going to help (bronchodilators for wheezing) require a prescription, so see a doctor. If you can't get an appointment soon, and you are concerned, go to urgent care or er.

In brief: Cold in 7 month old
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Cindy Juster