History of ischemic stroke. Went off crestor (rosuvastatin) for 3 mo, then more frequent symptoms of tias, related to hypercholesterol (high good and bad levels)?

Got levels? If your cholesterol levels are abnormal, then maybe. If not, then no. Call your doctor.
Limping lipids. Cholesterol ain't the whole story. Statins, like crestor, (rosuvastatin) not only reduce blood cholesterol levels but two other important things. 1. They reduce actual plaque size in blood vessels. 2. They stabilize plaque walls making them less likely to crack, resulting in strokes (obstructive and/or embolic). So get back on your Crestor (rosuvastatin) and stay on it. Also use antiplatelet drugs, control blood pressure, etc.