I just lost my baby at 8 weeks but my doctor us doing a d&e. Why wont she do a d&c?

Dr. Andrew Malinchak
In brief: D&E
Ask her, but perhaps she suspects some retained "products of conception.
".

In brief: D&E
".
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. David Bergman
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: D&C
By definition a d&e is a procedure done in the second trimester. Maybe your md is just using the words and she means a d&c.
The procedures are very different. Usually with a d&e laminaria are placed in the cervix the day prior to the procedure. If this isn't happening then you are probably having a d&c. Ask your md exactly what is being done and be informed about the procedure.

In brief: D&C
Dr. David Bergman
Dr. David Bergman
Dr. Danae Steele
In brief: Same thing
A d&e (or "dilation and extraction") is basically very similar to a D&C ("dilation and curettage"), but is used to describe the procedure when it is done in the 2nd trimester of a pregnancy.

In brief: Same thing
Dr. Danae Steele
Dr. Danae Steele
Dr. Shontae Buffington