I have a sore Achilles tendon from running. Do I risk serious injury if I keep running? Is rest the best treatment? For how long?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

If at is hurting rest it.
Listen to you body when having pain. However, don't listen to your Achilles when not hurting. Meaning, when returning to running go gradually: do rest, tylenol, (acetaminophen) masssage, may be pt then do graudal return to activity-> walk, then faster walk, short jogging (on grass, threadmill), then run and advance distant and intensity carefully.. Do proper warm up, streach, & rest.

If at is hurting rest it.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

You could cause serious injury including tearing of the tendon.
Rest is a good thing. I would see a doctor for further care.

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine