Can interstitial lung disease like pulmonary fibrosis and those like pulmonary fib. Be ruled out pretty good with pulse ox, CT of lungs, and chest xra?

No. The above tests are not sensitive enough. Pulmonary function tests and a high resolution ct scan of the lungs are more sensitive. If they are normal, then interstitial lung disease can be essentially ruled out.
Several causes. Pulmonary fibrosis is a pathologic process of lungs that can occur in many disorders of the lungs. Pulse ox, chest xray & ct can be helpful in determining patterns of disease & extent of lung involvement & can sometimes help determine the cause as well. However definitive diagnosis may require other tests including lung biopsy (in some cases). Talk to a pulmonologist for detailed work up.