I was in a motorcycle accident 1.5 years ago causing many bones and a crushed spine which is fused I have shooting pain down my leg to my baby toe ?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Sciatica

I'm sorry to hear about your past injuries but back problems seem to have a way of returning.
When pain 'shoots down the leg' it is a sign of a pinched sciatic nerve in the lower lumbar spine. Sciatica may occur after a back fusion due to scar tissue at the site or a bulging disc --1 level below the fusion. You need imaging studies (ct, ct myelogram or mri) to check for s1 nerve impingement.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Cindy Juster