My doctor took an xray of my foot and said nothing was wrong however the middle region of my foot hurts really badly especially when i lift it ?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Then I believe

Something is wrong.
Did your doctor not offer you any treatment? Did you say "doctor, if there is nothing on the xray, then why does my foot hurt ? What do you think is causing my pain? If you asked that and they insisted nothing was wrong, perhaps you need a second opinoin.

In brief: Then I believe

Something is wrong.

In brief: X-rays are not all

So x-rays are great for most bone / joint problems.
However, there are conditions such as stress fractures that do not always show up on a plain film. This means if the problem persists longer than 3-4 weeks, then a repeat visit is warranted. Moreover, foot strain or abnormal biomechanics could be the cause-- again, if the pain does not resolve, then you should return to the doc.

In brief: X-rays are not all

Dr. Jeffrey Ross
Podiatry

In brief: EntPer an answer sum

When you lift your foot, if there is pain in the plantar mid arch, then it would be a plantar fascia starin.
If it is on the dorsum of the foot, it could be a joint issue of the midtarsal or the lisfranc joint. An x-ray would typically show a problem. Wearing supportive shoes or insoles could help, and not walking barefooted.

In brief: EntPer an answer sum

Dr. Andrea Brand