I had a headache from 4 pm - 5 am. I didn't take anything. I took Excedrin around 4 am but it didn't help. Then I took Maxalt (rizatriptan) MLT around 5 am and it helped. Can you take Excedrin and Maxalt (rizatriptan) for migraine?

Dr. Kevin Smith
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Possible migraine

Migraine like headache can be caused by a bone spur in the nose.
A ct scan of the sinuses is indicated and if the spur is present a septoplasty to remove it is indicated. I provide relief to almost 90% of patients with this problem. Visit my website for more information at www. Kevinsmithmd.Com.

In brief: Possible migraine

Dr. Kevin Smith
Dr. Kevin Smith
Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine

Yes you can take them together. One drug on the market, treximet, is very similar to that combination.

Dr. William Nall
Dr. William Nall
Dr. Ronald Buckman

These are different medications with different modes of action and can be taken together or one shortly after the other if needed.

Dr. Ronald Buckman
Dr. Ronald Buckman
Dr. Eric Weisman